- Hostel Accommodation –Though the Institute is yet to have its own hostel facilities however, the Institute will assist in searching accommodation for the students.
- Applied Training Centre–The Government of Meghalaya has handed over the YatriNiwas (centrally funded) to the Institute for running as a training Hotel to provide an elaborative skilled Man – power for all the round development in the Tourism and Hotel Industry.
Aims and Objective -Our Aims and objective is to enhance the training facilities in order to inculcate and practice the theoretical into the practical knowledge which makes the teaching objectives and more elaborative. Practical knowledge goes side by side in which the students can implement the theoretical knowledge at the first hand. The students will be trained in a manner in which they fulfill the requirement of Hotel Industry where they placed on job.
Methods of Operation –The hotel as a whole will be run by the Institute of Hotel Management, Shillong (Society) which includes the Principal, Faculty Members, Staff and students under the Chairmanship of Commissioner & Secretary (Tourism) Government of Meghalaya & Chairman IHM, Shillong. The Governing Body of the Hotel will be the same, the Board of Governors of the Institute of Hotel Management, Shillong (Society)
Benefits to the Students –Since only the theoretical knowledge will not be sufficient for the students on completion of the course, hence a practical knowledge on real situation is always required to enhance their technical skills and capacity they have learned during the classroom training and side by side they can implement their skills while on-the job learning. In this way, it will help them in terms of situation handling, face to face interaction with the guest, self-confidence which is required for them face to face the industry at the completion of the course.
Benefits to the Tourist –Shillong being the Tourist destination hill stations of the North – East and a Tourist destination all year round. It will be an eye opener for the tourist in which they feel that they will get standard service as it is run by the Institute of Hotel Management and their students. In this way, training Hotel will contribute in enhancing the accommodation facilities to the tourists.
Benefits for the State – The Applied Training Hotel will help in training the existing and aspirant entrepreneur by providing technical expertise for their establishments and skill upgradation of their namagerial and service support staff. This way, the Training Centre will be motivating the unemployed youth and self-entrepreneur to revive the existing private sick units and start new business.
Planning & Layout – Planning and layout of the Applied Training Hotel will be based on the line drawings submitted by the Government of Meghalaya. The standard of the layout will be as per the norms and standard of a 2 star classified Hotel.
- B.Sc. in Hospitalityand Hotel Administration
- Trade Diploma in Food Production
- Trade Diploma in Bakery & Confectionery
- Craftsmanship Course in Food Production & Patisserie
- Craftsmanship Course in Food & Beverage
- The Oberoi's Group of Hotels
- Le Meridian
- Lemon Tree
- Taj's Group of Hotels
- Hyatt Regency
- Ramada Plaza